Experience the winding valleys and unspoiled river that has made Port wine so famous. Our Exclusive Package can’t be beat.
Portugal’s River of Gold River Cruise
October 31st – November 11th, 2018
12 Days / 11 Nights
Call 1-800-343-8999 to BOOK NOW
This Exclusive Package provides the best bang for buck! See Lisbon, the palace at Sintra, Fatima, and so much more on this wonderful cruise through Portugal and Spain.
Take a relaxing journey through the wonderfully scenic Douro River Valley. It is one of Europe’s most pure and unspoiled rivers decorated with deep cleft gorges, lush vineyards, and sleepy fishing villages. Begin in the capital Lisbon and enjoy 3 days of touring Portugal’s best sights including Sintra, and Fatima the “Altar of the World”. We then proceed to Porto at the mouth of the Douro River to embark your cruise ship. The river takes you on a winding easterly course between steeply terraced vineyards, stopping at ports of call largely unchanged for centuries with charming town squares, colorful castles, baroque mansions and historic monasteries. At the Spanish border you’ll indulge in a scenic ride into Spain to visit the medieval city of Salamanca before your leisurely voyage back to Porto. See unspoiled vistas and sample Portuguese specialties like salt cod, hearty soups and stews and of course the area’s sensational ruby and tawny ports. If you have never visited Portugal, you are in for a treat; or, see a dramatic new side of this beautiful country on the Douro River.
Best of Times Travel Exclusive Bundle Package:
• 3-day/2-night Pre-Cruise Best of Times Travel Exclusive Land Package visting Lisbon, Sintra, Fatima. Plus special vineyard tour with Wine Tasting Included.
• 10-day/9-night cruise onboard Deluxe Viking Torgil
• Roundtrip Airfare from Logan Airport
• Roundtrip Transportation to Airport – with Hometown Pick-Up Guarantee*
• Travelers Insurance by TravelSafe Protect-A-Group
• Best of Times Travel Professional Tour Director throughout trip**
• All Touring Included with private, English-speaking guides
• 25 meals: 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 8 dinners
• Unlimited Wines, Beers, and Soft Drinks with every Lunch and Dinner on board the Ship
• Old World Highlights: Port lectures by our knowledgeable Cruise Manager, themed dinners, and onboard music performances
• All Luggage Handling Costs Included
• All Driver Gratuities Included for transfers
• Welcome Cocktail Reception On Board Ship
• Payment of all port charges
• Special Early Booking & Past Passenger Discounts
** There is a minimum requirement of 30 paying customers to ensure the services of a Best of Times Tour Director Throughout.
The Viking Difference: The Thinking Person’s Cruise
SAIL WITH THE #1 RIVER CRUISE LINE. You’re about to discover the most convenient way to see the world. This is cruising on an intimate scale, with a personal touch. Meander along the world’s great waterways at the easy pace of the river gliding past magnificent vistas and pausing to explore riverside ports, all while unpacking your bags just once.
SMALL SHIP EXPERTS. On a Viking ship, you will sail into the heart of your destination, so you can explore up close and in depth. Our innovative, award-winning Viking Longships have set the standard in river cruising: our intimate vessels have all the amenities of a fine hotel, providing the ideal opportunity to comfortably be transported each day to and from your next destination—where enriching discoveries are usually just a short walk from your ship.
VIKING INCLUSIVE VALUE. At Viking, we firmly believe that you should not have to open your wallet every time you want a cup of coffee, a glass of wine or an excursion ashore. Instead, our goal is to provide you with great value, so we’ve designed our cruises to give you more for your money with a cruise fare that includes everything you need, from meals and beverages to shore excursions and Wi-Fi. That is what we call Viking Inclusive Value.
DESTINATION-FOCUSED DINING. Whatever your tastes, we believe dining is an important part of your journey, both on shore and on board. Our highly trained chefs are passionate about food and committed to providing an enriching culinary experience, whether you’re savoring authentic regional specialties or American classics. And our ships’ dining areas—from our elegant Restaurant to the Sun Deck and Aquavit Terrace, our al fresco dining area at the bow of the ship—are the ideal setting for hospitable, attentive and personalized service.